Customer Focused Management
Category: Customer Service
The rise of the Internet, of price-comparison websites, Peer-review websites and especially Social Media has transformed the business environment globally. Traditional points of differentiation have been eroded by search, tap and click. Social Media and peer-review have combined to drive the customer experience as the primary arbiter of strategic differentiation. To win under these new rules, organisations have no choice but to become truly customer focused.
A customer-focused organisation is grounded in the belief that long-term success depends on a commitment to customer satisfaction throughout the entire organisation. This training programme focuses on what it takes to build the culture, the processes and the relationships that will lead to long-term growth and financial sustainability.
Leaders are role models in planning, communication, coaching and employee recognition. Their efforts result in increased employee loyalty, greater innovation and improved customer satisfaction. This Customer Focused Management training course covers customer service management responsibilities, from the most fundamental tasks of hiring, training, coaching and teambuilding to quality assurance and leadership skills. This challenging and highly participative programme will focus on creating and managing effective teams, dealing with difficult customers, understanding behavioural styles and proven leadership strategies.
This seminar will highlight:
- How to analyze and implement the best practices of top performing customer service providers
- How to utilize proven best practices for measuring and monitoring customer satisfaction
- How to streamline customer interface operations for optimal service levels
- How to successfully utilize interpersonal skills to supervise and motivate employees
- How to empower, motivate and retain frontline personnel
- How to use Social Media to engage with customers and have meaningful, profitable dialogues.
At the end of this seminar, you will learn to:
- Describe the importance of the leader as a role model for customer service excellence
- Establish the importance of setting and reviewing customer service standards
- Describe techniques to motivate teams and individuals for peak performance
- Develop effective communication strategies to promote team building
- Evaluate surveys to accurately monitor customer satisfaction
- Design a realistic and challenging customer service employee training programme
This dynamic, 5-day Customer Focused Management training seminar is highly interactive and encourages delegate participation through a combination of group discussion, role-play exercises, videos, case studies and breakout sessions. This training seminar will include benchmarking best practices to model world-class customer service excellence. The comprehensive training coursemanual has been designed to be practical, easy to use and facilitate learning. Delegates will walk away from this seminar with the skills, confidence and motivation they need to develop a world-class, customer-centric organisation.
As a result of this workshop, organisation will get;
- A more productive and streamlined customer service operation
- Focused and motivated customer service leadership
- Increased customer retention and revenue growth
- Reduced personnel turnover and increased teamwork
- Improved intra / inter departmental communication
- Increased communication abilities and interpersonal skills
As a result of attending this workshop, delegates will find that they have;
- Improved management performance by learning techniques to empower, motivate and retain customer service personnel
- Enhanced leadership and communication skills required for career advancement
- Increased confidence in their abilities to work professionally with difficult or upset customers
- The insight to adjust their own temperament style to become more versatile, adaptable and highly successful
- Up to date techniques and methods to help them provide world-class service
- Improved time management skills and increased productivity
- A thorough grounding in how to use Social Media to engage with clients and drive productive dialogue around the organisations products or services.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Department Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
- Customer Service Managers
- Team Supervisors
- Frontline Customer Service Representatives (CSR)
- Account Managers
- Field Service Representatives
Creating a Customer-Focused Organisation
- Why is Customer Focus suddenly such a big deal?
- The Vision and Mission of a Customer Focused Organisation
- Case Study: Benchmarking World-class Customer Service Companies
- The Roles and Responsibilities of a Customer-focused Manager
- Breakout Session: Are you a Leader or Manager?
- The Importance of Presenting a Professional Business Image
- Case Study: Best Practices – Xerox’ Five Pillars of Customer-focused Strategy
- Mastering Nonverbal Communication
Enhancing Leadership and Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Supervising the Four Personality Styles
- Practical Exercise: Determining your Management Style
- Overcoming Communication barriers in the Workplace
- Practical Exercise: Listening Awareness Inventory
- Practical Exercise: The Most Admired Character Traits of Leaders
- The Supervisor’s Role in conflict Resolution and Service Recovery
- Facilitation Skills: Managing Group Dynamics
- How to Give and receive constructive feedback?
Setting Customer Service Policies and Performance Standards
- Deming’s Fourteen Points of Total Quality Management
- Traditional Manager vs. TQM Manager
- Setting SMART Objectives to improve Customer Satisfaction
- Breakout Session: Developing a Call Centre Checklist
- Best Practices: Methods of Measuring and Monitoring Customer Satisfaction
- Empowering Frontline Employees to Better Serve their Customers
- Breakout Session: Developing a Customer Service Complaint Checklist
- Role-play Exercise: Working with Difficult or Demanding Customers
Building High-Performance Teams and Motivating Individuals
- The Building Blocks of a High-performance Team
- Your Customer Service is only as good as your worst employee
- Team Building Exercise: The Paper Tower
- The Power of Mutual Support and Cooperation
- Building Teamwork with Support and Recognition
- Coaching and Mentoring Techniques
- The Impact of Stress on Individual and Team Performance
- The Benefits of Teamwork and Mutual Cooperation
Leading the Way to Superior Customer Service
- Using Social Media to engage with customers
- Recruiting, Interviewing and Hiring Quality Personnel
- Developing and Implementing Effective Training
- The Importance of Attitude and Teamwork
- Professional Development and Continuous Improvement
- Setting Performance Goals and Expectations
- Employee Recognition and Performance Review
- Empowering, Motivating and Retaining Frontline Personnel
Successful participants will receive ’ certificate on completion. CPE units (and other corresponding units) will be awarded appropriately.